Most of us have experienced an unintentional overdraft at one point or another. When this type of oversight occurs it can be a costly mistake leading to bounced checks. We have implemented a Courtesy Pay program to assist you in these situations.
- If funds are not available to pay a check, ACH, or a one-time debit card transaction, and no overdraft protection is available from savings, or a line of credit, the item may be paid using Courtesy Pay. Each item paid through Courtesy pay is charged a $25 Courtesy Pay fee with a $75 per day maximum. The item plus the $25 fee cannot exceed the $200 Courtesy Pay limit.
- The $200 Courtesy Pay is automatically available to all checking accounts (see exclusions below) after the account has been opened for 60 days if no more than 6 NSF items have been presented for payment.
- The member has 30 days to bring the account to a positive balance, or all Courtesy Pay privileges will be terminated and the credit union will take further action to collect the balance owed. Privileges are not re-instated.
Accounts excluded from Courtesy Pay include:
- Members under the age of 18
- Businesses and Organizations
- Money Market
- Frozen/Locked accounts
- Dormant Accounts
- Accounts with incorrect addresses
- Accounts owned by the deceased
- Accounts with a negative balance over 30 days